There is a say that a workman is only as good as his tools and this is definitely true when it comes to the automobile engineering. These technicians perform complex tasks of repair and refinishing jobs, remove dents as well as repaint the delicate surfaces. If there are the professional standard tools, they can make the difference between the straightforward job and one that causes constant headaches.
A well furnished auto body shop needs to be equipped with the number of essential hand tools, power tools as well as automated equipment’s in order to make sure that repair experts can handle any kind of job.
So these are some most of the essential tools which have the valuable use at the time of career:
- Wrenches: It is the most essential tool from this list and it is the most in any tool box. Among them, the chrome vanadium alloy tools are really good. If we have to decide between the metrics and standard wrenches, then we should go for metric.
- Ratchet and Sockets: They are usually available in three different sizes of ratchet such as small, medium and large. There are the sets with all three. Some sets come with the ratchets and wrenches and we should try and get at least a big and a small ratchet set with the basic sockets as those are the ones which we can use most.
- Screwdrivers: An efficient set of the screwdrivers is one of the basics of any well assorted toolbox. Most of the ratchets sets include a few different screwdrivers heads along with the most common shapes as well as sizes.
- Pliers: There are numerous jobs which will require using some kind of pliers such as from brake jobs to removing small electric connectors and for this work, pliers are the most important. They are useful in wire cutting as well as work on the reduced spaces with long nosed, they are most essential.
- Hammer: There are many things which get stuck with the dirt, grease and rust so sometimes we need a good whack with a hammer so that it could take for that rotor or that ball joint to come off. If we are working on the brakes or suspension, things are really get hard and we need these equipments which will be made of nice rubber to ensure the good grip.
- Multimeter: This is the essential tool for the purpose of electrical diagnosis as well as trouble shooting. Through this, we can measure voltage and resistance but we should make sure that we buy one multi-meter that can read amps.